Tuesday, August 19, 2008

 

Taking stock with various updates

I've switched up my training schedule at the dojo to do Monday night black belt workouts, Tuesday night black belt sparring workout, and Saturday general sparring with whomever. So far I'm digging the switch since it's really giving me time to work on the material I want at the level I want. Tonight's "inventory of damage" includes a minor nick under my left eye, some blood on my lowest earring, various little nicks, and a pop to the nose. I also got a handful of shots in I've been working on for a while. I've said it before, and I'll say it again because it bears repeating, I fucking love sparring. It's great for Chris-regulation.

I'm trying to eat better. I completely realize and accept that this might sound nit-picky considering I'm already a fastidious eater, but it's true. I'm attempting to take a cue from Phil and start planning my meals ahead of time so that I can take my lunch to work. The last several days it's been something homemade and organic. I recognize that my mind is clearer and I work better when I'm keeping an accurate tab on my macronutrients. I like feeling alive and awake without a ton of caffeine. Though the caffeine does help.

Tasty recipe suggestion of the day: Make macaroni and cheese with coconut milk instead of regular milk. The result is creamier AND tastier!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?